We've put together our first 5 simple tips to protect your IT. Most of these can be deployed immediately and at no extra cost.
- Never work under highly privileged accounts (admin, global admin, etc.) - by this we mean your normal job role. NEVER!
Use a different password for each service, minimum 9+ character complexity. Do not overdo it with frequent changes.
- Where to go with passwords? Use a password manager.
- Use multifactor logins wherever possible. For those who don't know what this is, it's similar to logging into a bank. App or text.
- Back up according to the 3-2-1 rule.
3 copies of data, backup on 2 repositories, 1 copy outside the organization and have backups that can withstand a ransomware attack.
- Think about whether it's a good idea to have RDP = remote desktop "pushed out" to the internet. The answer is unequivocal - it's the "big bad".
At how many points do you have?
#hackerprotect #cybersecurity #technology #cloud