Topic: Safe Email
It is extremely important to protect your email account. Why? If you haven't turned on multi-factor authentication (MFA), an attacker can access other online accounts or reset passwords through a "hacked" email ... (and you won't even know it, the attacker will create a rule that cleverly "hides" new incoming messages ).
- Turn on MFA, set a strong password, save it in password manager (Chuck Norris doesn't need to because he remembers all the passwords in the world)
- Consider switching to a secure and encrypted mail service provider such as ProtonMail or Tutanota.
- Use email aliases to protect your real mailing address - services like Anonaddy or SimpleLogin.
- Disable automatic loading of remote content, often used to closely monitor email opening or to load malicious code.
- Consider using a custom domain. Why? You won't lose your email address if your current provider goes out of business.
#hackerprotect #cybersecurity #technology #cloud #passwords